The National Rifle Association has launched NRA: Practice Range, an iOS app the organization calls its new “mobile nerve center.” The app features a 3-D target practice shooting game and provides resources for news and legislation updates around gun control and educational materials about gunholders’ rights.
The NRA appears to be emphasizing safety and responsible ownership with this new app, which has an Apple App Store rating of 4+ (“no objectionable material”). The NRA says its built-in shooting game strikes “the right balance of gaming and safety education, allowing you to enjoy the most authentic experience possible.”
I can’t believe they feel the timing is right to release this app. And shame on Apple for the 4+ rating. really?
- arczhu reblogged this from fastcompany
- jamollica reblogged this from fastcompany and added:
- travelgadgets likes this
- jimihendrixextravaganza likes this
- gugugutwrench likes this
- thehedrick reblogged this from fastcompany and added:
- thehedrick likes this
- anitchthatyoucantscratch reblogged this from peterbenei and added:
- deadmanride reblogged this from peterbenei and added:
- ongoingdisaster likes this
- peterbenei reblogged this from fastcompany
- peterbenei likes this
- fastcompany posted this